The Head of the Chair shall perform the following duties:
1) Carries out the day-to-day management of the UNESCO Chair and is responsible for its results.
2) is responsible for the development of the UNESCO Chair work plan and its implementation in accordance with the NJSC "AbaiUniversity" Development Strategy for 2022-2025.
3) develops the Action Plan for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and monitors the implementation of the Plan;
4) conducts research in accordance with the research strategies of different sectors of UNESCO.
5) Carries out research work in accordance with the specialization of the chair in the framework of SDGs, ensures implementation of the results obtained in various areas of the university.
6) Participates in competitions of scientific foundations and organizations for granting funding for research work.
7) carries out scientific, scientific-methodical and scientific-practical seminars and other similar actions on themes of education for sustainable development (ESD), global citizenship, gender researches and other issues of UNESCO agenda.
8) submit annual report on the results of the Chair`s activities to UNESCO and the National Commission of the Republic of Kazakhstan for UNESCO and ISESCO.
9) Is a member of National Commission of the Republic of Kazakhstan for UNESCO and ISESCO and participates at meetings and forums of the National Commission.
10) Supervises observance by employees of the chair of rules of labor protection and safety engineering, industrial sanitary and fire safety.