Erasmus+ is a European Union program aimed at promoting the modernization and sustainable development of education, vocational training, youth policy and sports. It provides financial opportunities for cooperation in all these areas, both between European countries (the so-called Program countries) and between European countries and partner countries around the world.
New cooperation and mobility projects are selected each year through the Erasmus+ Call for Proposals. Detailed funding information and a full list of opportunities supported by the program can be found on the official website of the National Erasmus+ Program Office in Kazakhstan.
Abai University cooperates within the Erasmus+ program with 10 universities:
1. Transilvania University (Romania)
2. University in Kosice (Slovak Republic)
3. Bartin University (Republic of Turkey)
4. Ahi Evran University (Republic of Turkey)
5. Marmara University (Republic of Turkey)
6. Leipzig University (Federal Republic of Germany)
7. Mykolas Romeris University (Republic of Lithuania)
8. Universite de Poitiers (French Republic)
9. Leiden University (the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
10. Siauliai University (Republic of Lithuania)
For more information, please contact the Office of International Projects and Engagement of the Department of International Engagement at Dostyk 13, office 310.
The consultation is held every Monday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
"Mevlana" exchange program
The aim of the program is - academic exchange between staff and students of Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries. Mevlana program is one of the main education programs in Turkey. Students can study abroad for one (minimum) or two (maximum) semesters. Teachers can lecture abroad from one week (minimum) to three months (maximum). Accordingly, thanks to this program, students and teachers can gain the experience of studying in a foreign country and improve their level of knowledge.
Conditions for participation in Mevlana exchange program:
- Be an undergraduate, graduate and doctoral student;
- For undergraduate students - Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5/4.00;
- For master and doctoral students. Average score not less than 3.00 / 4.00;
- The presence of a certificate confirming the knowledge of English or Turkish;
- First-year undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the first semester of study cannot participate in this program.
Mevlana Exchange Scholarships:
- Students will receive 70% of TL 750 per month;
- The remaining 30% will be given to the student in accordance with their successful graduation;
- For one semester, the student receives money for 4 months. (3000 Turkish lira);
- Students do not pay tuition and do not incur any additional expenses in favor of the host university, but continue to pay tuition at the university from which they came from (if they are students of a paid department).
Required documents for participation in Mevlana exchange program:
- Certificate from the place of study;
- Language skills - Certificate (English or Turkish);
- copy of the passport.
Abai University cooperates within the framework of Mevlana program with 7 universities:
- University of Niide
- Ahi Evran University
- University of Marmara
- Mugla University
- Firrat University
- Haji Bayram Veli University
- Siirt University
Abai-Vern Scholarship Programme
Abai-Vern program is a joint program of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of the French Republic.
Within the framework of this program, which provides for 100 scholarships (90 for undergraduates and 10 for doctoral students), a competition is announced without limiting the choice of specialties.
Requirements for participation in the competition for a scholarship under the master`s program:
- Kazakh citizenship;
- no age restrictions;
- invitation/confirmation of admission to a state university for a 1 or 2 year master`s program in France;
- Students who already have a master`s degree may also apply for this scholarship.
Requirements for participation in the competition for a scholarship under the doctoral program:
- Kazakh citizenship;
- no age restrictions;
- invitation/confirmation of admission to a public university for a doctoral program in France;
- Master`s degree, including those who will receive it in the current year.
The selection of candidates is carried out by a mixed French-Kazakh independent commission.
You can find more information about this program on the website. https://kz.ambafrance.org/USLOVIYA-UCHASTIYA-V-PROGRAMME-ABAJ-VERN
Bolashak scholarship program
The purpose of the Bolashak program is to train personnel and specialists for priority sectors of the country`s economy. The program includes both academic training (master`s, doctoral studies) and research and production internships in leading companies and universities around the world.
Undoubtedly, the Bolashak program opens up great opportunities for teachers and students in obtaining new advanced knowledge and experience in the best universities in the world. Internships at the world`s leading universities help to unleash the potential, gain new knowledge, which the scholarship holders, upon returning to their native country, will pass on to our youth.
As part of the modernization of the Bolashak program, a new direction was included - the program "500 scientists", which aroused great interest among scientific and pedagogical workers in internships.
You can find more information about this program on the website. https://bolashak.gov.kz/ru