Manages the activities of ICD, ensures the organization of ICD, the implementation of tasks and functions defined in the Regulations on ICD, as well as decisions of the Academic Council, the Rector of Abai KazNPU, orders, directives, instructions of the rector and the coordinating vice-rector;
To promote the growth of authority and prestige of the International Cooperation Department: passport and visa support, international exchange programs, scientific and cultural relations and the work of the "UNESCO" Department of Pedagogy, to assist in the development and implementation of the Development Strategy of the University. To implement the decisions of the Academic Council of the University and the instructions of the Vice-Rector for Strategy and Internationalization. To promote the expansion of relations with leading foreign universities and the development of cooperation Abai KazNPU with foreign universities.
Represents ICD in the structural units of KazNPU on issues within the competence of ICD;
Maintains correspondence in the prescribed manner in Abai KazNPU with the structural divisions of Abai KazNPU on matters relating to the competence of International Cooperation Department;
Director of DIE represents the interests of the department in relations with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan with representatives from embassies in Kazakhstan, representatives of central government, foreign countries and international organizations in Almaty and Astana, enterprises and organizations.
The Director of ICD oversees compliance with international legal and regulatory acts, orders, agreements with foreign partners of the university.
Ensures the creation of optimal conditions for high-productive, high-quality work in the workplace;
Supervises the observance of the charter and regulations of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University, including the rules of the internal order of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University, health and safety regulations, fire safety by the employees of ICD;
Develops job descriptions of ICD staff and submits them for approval to the Coordinating Vice-Rector and for approval to the Rector of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University;
Organizes professional development of ICD staff in conjunction with the structural units of Abai KazNPU, responsible for the specified direction;
Makes proposals on the selection and placement of ICD personnel, on labor incentives for ICD employees and the application of disciplinary penalties to them;
The Director of ICD contributes to:
1) organizing and expanding the university`s international relations;
2) informing the staff and students about the state and prospects of development of university education abroad;
3) promoting professional development of the teaching staff through the organization of international exchanges, and internships;
4) development and implementation of measures for the close integration of the university in the world educational space;
5) promoting the organization and implementation of advanced international educational standards in the activities of Abai KazNPU;
6) attracting international projects to Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University.
Director of the ICD implements its decisions in the form of orders, instructions or on his presentation, in the form of orders of the rector, and memos for the institutes of the university.
The activities of the director of ICD include:
1) organizing the work and controlling the implementation of the indicators related to the work of the ICD, specified in the Development Strategy;
2) organization and preparation of arrangements for negotiations, formal and informal meetings, including keeping protocols, correspondence with international partners and competent authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan in order to implement cooperation;
3) ensuring retraining of scientific and pedagogical staff in leading foreign universities;
4) ensuring communication with representatives of JSC "Center for International Programs Bolashak" to obtain new rules and requirements;
5) implementation of measures to ensure the participation of faculty and students in international grants, projects, competitions and exchange programs;