Abai University announces a competition to fill vacant positions in the postdoctoral program
Abai KazNPU is holding a competition for vacancies in the postdoctoral program.
Young scientists residing in the Republic of Kazakhstan who are under 40 years of age (inclusive) and actively engaged in scientific activities and development of priority and new scientific directions may be admitted to postdoctoral studies.
An applicant for a postdoctoral program must meet the following requirements in total:
- have a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)/doctorate degree in the field or an academic degree (doctor/candidate of sciences) (passing the procedure for recognizing the equivalence of diplomas received abroad is not required);
- have experience in research and (or) scientific and pedagogical activities, which must correspond to the direction of the University`s activities;
- presence of at least 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in a publication that is indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Science Citation Index, Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Russian Science Citation Index and (or) Emerging Sources Citation Index of the Web Database of Science, and (or) in a publication that has a CiteScore percentile of at least 35 (thirty-five) in the Scopus database in the last 5 (five) years;
- the presence of at least 3 (three) articles published in publications recommended by the Committee for Quality Assurance in Science and Higher Education of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the last 5 (five) years;
- have a Hirsch index.
Persons who have already completed a postdoctoral program and are postdoctoral fellows at higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan are not allowed to participate in the competition.
The application for participation in the competition comprises:
- the application for participation in the competition (Appendix 1);
- a copy of the identity card;
- a copy of the PhD diploma;
- a plan for the applicant`s scientific research during the postdoctoral phase (Research Proposal) (the focus is on research activities in pedagogical and interdisciplinary fields);
- list of scientific papers and patents for inventions;
- a portfolio with supporting documents of the above requirements for applicants (reprints of publications, citation indicator of publications in the Scopus and WoS databases, certificates and patents, a copy of the work record book);
- 2 (two) letters of recommendation and/or 2 (two) references from previous places of work;
- evidence of achievements in the field of science and education over the past 5 (five) years (holder of the Bolashak scholarship, holder of a state scientific scholarship, holder of a scientific scholarship for talented young scientists, holder of the title «Best Researcher», holder of the title «Best University Teacher» RK, leadership and participation in scientific projects of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, leadership and participation in international scientific projects, experience in scientific management, etc.).
Competitive applications by December 26, 2023 (inclusive) should be sent to the Department of Science of Abai University at the address: Almaty, st. Kazybek bi, 30, Office 209, 203-a. Responsible person: Director of the Department of Science U. Abdigapbarova
The Regulations for Postdoctoral Studies and Appendix 1 are attached.