The theoretical and methodical basics of environmental education in the teaching of biologists (on the materials of anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis)
To dissertation work on competition of scientific degree of the doctor of philosophy (PhD) on the specialty 6D011300 - Biology
The relevance of the study. In modern conditions, a sharp acceleration of scientific and technological progress of human causes massive pressure on nature, which leads to changes in the environment. Sharp contradictions between human society and nature have led to the threat of global ecological crisis. The United Nations highlighted the problem of rational use and protection of land among our time pressing environmental problems of the XXI century. Kazakhstan also contributes to this process, as a significant part of the world space. The large areas of the piedmont plains with difficult terrain are under irrigation in the south-east of Kazakhstan, where agriculture is well developed, which leads them to the degradation and the development of irrigation erosion.
Under these conditions the environmental education has been one of the main conditions for overcoming the negative effects of human impact on the environment. Also it has been one of the factors that shaping the environmental culture of the individual as a regulator of relations in the "human - environment" system.
The research of publication of Russian and foreign scientists on the issue of training of environmentally educated professionals (bachelors and masters) shows a clear differentiation of the scientific studies on the objects of research (studying or objects of the environment), and the contradictions between them. Purely environmental or biological scientific studies reveal the relationship between human activities and the degree of destruction of the biosphere, and have practical results directed to harmonize the environment. Besides, the jobs of scientific and pedagogical nature form the culture of life and human understanding of the world outlook. The need to resolve contradictions determine the relevance and choice the subject of this study, specifically: "The theoretical and methodical basics of environmental education in the teaching of biologists (on the materials of anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis)."
The object of study: the process of environmental education at university.
The subject of study: system of teaching of expert biologists.
The purpose of the study: to justify the theoretical and methodical basics of environmental education in the teaching of expert biologists by the assessment of anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis in the South-East of Kazakhstan, and to develop a method of teaching for expert biologists.
1. To analyze the degree of readiness of a problem in the modern theory and practice of environmental education.
2. To discover the essence and content of the concept of «environmental education for expert biologists» based on the assessment anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis.
3. To develop a model for the teaching of expert biologists (on the materials anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis) and to determine the criteria, data and levels of the model.
4. To develop a method expert biologists by conducting field and laboratory research in the environmental assessment of biogeocenosis of anthropogenically disturbed landscapes.
Scientific novelty and theoretical significance of the research:
- Disclosure the essence and content of the concept of «environmental education for expert biologists» based on the assessment anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis.
- Development of a model for the teaching of expert biologists (on the materials anthropogenically disturbed biogeocenosis) and the definition of criteria, data and levels of the model.
- Development of a method teaching of expert biologists by conducting field and laboratory research in the environmental assessment of biogeocenosis of anthropogenically disturbed landscapes.
Practical significance of the research:
For the purpose of practical teaching expert biologists it has been developed a special course program for students named "Environmental assessment biogeocenosis of anthropogenically disturbed landscapes foothills in southeast of Kazakhstan", and series of scientific - practical recommendations named "Biological basics of recovery biogeocenosis of anthropogenically disturbed landscapes in the southeast of Kazakhstan". The research data can be used in the teaching expert biologists at universities, at national institute of management for executives and scientific - teaching staff, as well as in the teaching biology in public school.