Acceptance of applications for short-term studies 2020-2021 has begun
Abai KazNPU informs: Short-Term Studies at Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania) have been announced.
The call for applications for 2020-2021 short-term studies is open!
Type of scholarship: Short term (1-2 semesters) studies
Number of scholarships: 30
Studies can be arranged: The list of Lithuanian higher education institutions and study programmes of all study fields are available on www.studyin.lt/universities/.
HOW TO APPLY:
Documents must be submitted only through the online application system. There is no requirement to send them by post, fax or email. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
1. The candidate has to receive an official approval of acceptance from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution.
2. The candidate has to be a student of a higher education institution of the particular country mentioned in the table above.
3. The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme (the minimum of B2 level of study language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required).
1. Candidates of the first and second study cycle, approved for the short-term studies, will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 390 EUR. Candidates of the third study cycle and resident studies approved for the short-term studies will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 468 EUR.
2. The exact sum of the total amount allocated for the candidate will be calculated according to the number of days that the specific month consists of, thus slight variations in the monthly scholarship might occur. The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder`s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
3. Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
4. The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education, Science and Sports of the Republic of Lithuania.
5. Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
6. Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
Candidates must provide the copies of these listed documents through the online application system:
1. Completed application form (through the online application system);
2. The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form - it must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: candidate, a responsible person at the sending and receiving institutions). Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement;
3. One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through the online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form).
4. Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution). TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university`s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable.
Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
Deadline for the online application submission is 5th of April 2020.
Regarding additional documents - please add all required documents to the application form through the online application system. The online application system will be closed at 11.59 p.m. Central European time (GMT+1) on the 5th of April, 2020.
11th of May 2020 - e-mail notification will be sent regarding the results of all short-term studies in Lithuania.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Rožių al. 2 Vilnius, LT-03106,
Phone: (+370~5) 250 2783
Department for International Affairs Abai KazNPU