Scientific and research activity
Main / Institutes / Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics / Scientific and research activity
The scientific and pedagogical activity of the institute is aimed at solving urgent problems related to the theory and methods of teaching mathematics, physics and computer science, as well as the introduction of new information and communication technologies in the education system.
The Institute is actively developing theoretical and practical approaches to creating a digital university.One of the research priorities of the institute is STEM education.
At the beginning of 2018, the International Scientific Laboratory for the Problems of Informatization of Education and Educational Technologies was opened.
In October 2018, a pedagogical STEM park was opened, the purpose of which is to introduce innovative technologies in robotics and mechatronics into the system of higher and postgraduate education in Kazakhstan.
In 2018, together with the Bilim Media Group, the BilimLab educational resource center was opened, which offers the opportunity to work on the BilimLand platform in both online and offline formats.
The institute has 3 Dissertation Councils for the defense of dissertations for the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), doctor in the profile:
1. "8D01501 - Mathematics" Education, Chairman of the Council - Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan A.E. Abylkassymova.
2. "8D01507 - Informatics" Education, "8D06101 - Informatics", Chairman of the Council - Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor E.Y. Bidaibekov.
3. "8D01504 - Physics" Education, "8D05302 - Physics", Chairman of the Council - Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Corresponding Memberof theSciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan professor V.N. Kosov.
Also, the institute has scientific and methodological seminars:
1. "Informatization of education and learning problems" under the guidance of Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor E.Y. Bidaibekov.
2. "Didactic and methodological foundations of teaching physical and mathematical disciplines at school and university" under the guidance of Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor AE Abylkassymova.
3. "Modern problems of differential equations of mathematical and computer modeling" under the guidance of Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor Berdyshev A.S.And also "Differential equations of mathematical physics and their applications".
4. Seminar of the Department of Physics under the guidance of Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor V.N. Kosov.
Also, scientific and methodological seminars on the problems of education related to the activities of the institute are regularly held.
Every year scientific and practical conferences are organized for students and undergraduates, at which there is an opportunity to report their results on research work.
050010, Republic of Kazakhstan
Almaty, Dostyk аve., 13